Electrolytes play an important role for all fishes; they regulate the osmotic pressure in cells (control the balance of fluids in the body) and help maintain the function of muscle and nerve cells.
Insufficient electrolytes impairs body functions - muscle weakness and contractions, twitching, erratic movements, incurved body, etc.
Water from reverse osmosis filters do not contain electrolytes. Most municipal tap water has insignificant levels of electrolytes.
Advitan E-lytes adjusts and/or amends the necessary electrolytes as required for respective species.
Advitan E-lytes contains electroytes - Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Sodium, and Potassium.
How to administer Advitan E-lytes?
Different species have their unique electrolytes requirement.
The following species thrive better in higher electrolytes levels (5-ml per 151 liters/40 gallons of aquarium water):
• Live bearers: guppies, mollies, platies, swordtails.
• Coldwater fishes: goldfish, koi.
• Tanganyikan cichlids
• Brackish water fishes: half beaks, gobies, monos, puffers, scats.
• All marine fishes and invertebrates.
The followings species require moderately low electrolytes level (5-ml per 302 liters/80 gallons of aquarium water):
• Egg layers: algae eaters, angelfish, barbs, bettas, catfish, cichlasoma, danios, discus, dwarf cichlids, gouramis, killifishes, loaches, oscars, panchax, plecostomus, rainbow fishes, sharks, rasboras, tetras.
Notes: Doubling the dosage while fish are in quarantine is recommended. Use Advitan Cal-Mag Plus for shrimps and other crustaceans.