Refunds, Return & Shipping
Instacart is a delivery service that lets you shop from the comfort of your home and have your order delivered by a personal shopper right to your door.
Find the Pet Paradise Instacart Store HERE
Due to Covid-19, we are doing our best to make all items accessible online. The majority of our items have been set to a weight of 0kg so that the shipping cost will remain at a flat rate of $12.95, or free for over $100, even if they have a small weight.
Shipping costs will only vary for large & heavy items such as big bags of bedding, cages, substrates, larger pieces of wood, bags of cat/dog food or multiple amounts of small heavy items such as canned food etc.
Please note that there may be some exceptions and if you have any questions about shipping prices feel free to email us or give us a call.
*Shipping costs will be displayed in your cart*
Standard Shipping: Small items under 4kg - Flat rate $12.95 | Free over $100 before tax
Heavy or Bulky Shipping Tier 1: 4 to 8kg - $19.95 | Free over $250 before tax
ex. large bags of bedding, bulky decorative wood, lengthy products, small cages and medium bags of food.
Heavy or Bulky Shipping Tier 2: Over 9kg - $29.95 | Free Over $500 before tax
ex. large bags of dog food, bulky decorative wood, lengthy products, larger cages, heavy substrates or any other very bulky/heavy items.
Heavy or Bulky Shipping Tier 3: Over 31kg - $59.95 | No Free Shipping
ex. Extremely bulky or heavy items that are generally not shipped by other companies.
LIVE ANIMAL Shipping Deposit.
You will be refunded/charged the difference. Average Rates are $60-$100 but can be more in some cases. We ship via Reptile Runner or Reptile Express depending on preference. If you would like a more specific quote before making your purchase please contact us. All Package are shipped Via Reptile Runner by default unless Reptile Express is requested specifically. Please note these are the only two shipping methods we currently offer.
LIVE PLANT Shipping Deposit (Shipping may be postponed due to weather).
You will be refunded/charged the difference. Average Winter Rates are $30-$60. Summer $20-$30. Larger orders/bulkier order can cost more.
You may return your unused and unopened merchandise within 30 days for a refund or exchange. Items that are undamaged or non-defective will have a 15% re-stocking fee. If you take an exchange or a gift certificate for your refund, the re-stocking fee will not apply.
The Buyer will pay all shipping costs on non-defective item returns. Pet Paradise will pay return & replacement shipping on defective products, and only after the product has been inspected and determined to be defective.
All warranties are handled by the manufacturers.
We can not be responsible for damaged or lost returns, so please use a service with delivery confirmation/tracking. Please do not send back used products. It takes approximately 3 - 4 business days to process returns from the time we receive them.
If an item was damaged in shipping, you must notify us immediately. You must keep the damaged item, and the original shipping container, as well as packing materials, until a file has been claimed with Canada Post. Retain the item and packaging for 14 days from the day you notify us of the damage, the carrier may send someone to inspect the damage.
If an item is returned due to an incorrect address, a fee of $15 will be charged to you before your package is re-sent.
Most products have a 30-day return. The product must be returned with the original packaging in a new or saleable condition and with the itemized till receipt.
There are a few exceptions to this policy:
- Clearance items
- Pet diapers
- Airline tube
- Aquarium backgrounds
- Flexwatt heat tape
- All electronics are able to be returned within 30 days, in the original packaging in a new or saleable condition.
- Defective electronics can be returned to the store within 30 days, with the packaging and the itemized till receipt.
- If the Product has a manufacturer warranty and it is past 30 days please contact the manufacturer.
- All Daylight bulbs have a 60 day warranty.
- If the light bulb burn out within 60 days we replace the light bulb at no charge to the customer.
- The customer must provide the defective light bulb, the original box and receipt.
Consumables: (food, treats, supplements etc.)
- Consumables can be returned within 30 days unopened and with the itemized till receipt.
- If the product has a satisfaction guarantee through the manufacturer, consumables may be returned within 30 days and with the itemized till receipt. There must be at least half of the product unused.
Fish: Non-Refundable, replacement or in-store credit only
- There is a 7-day warranty on most fish. We require the body of the fish, a separate water sample and the itemized till receipt. If the water test results come back showing any levels of ammonia, nitrite or high levels of nitrate, no replacement will be given. If the water quality is acceptable, we will replace the fish or give an in store credit for the total value.
- Water tests are performed at no charge .
- Exceptions: there is no warranty on invertebrates, Feeder fish, and fish kept outdoors.
Live Feeder Rodents
To ensure customers are not releasing uneaten rodents into the wild we accept them back for store credit only.
*For all other livestock warranties, see in store for details.*